The Museum is housed in the 1905 Friends Boarding Home which looks very much as it did when retired Quakers and single school teachers lived there in its early days. It sits at the top of Quaker Hill two blocks off downtown Waynesville. Twenty-two rooms of historical exhibits are offered on three floors. Each room highlights a local community or an aspect of early Quaker life, period clothing, local medicine and education, and more.
Accessibility: Chair lift to second floor but requires maneuvering 3 steps. Basement level is not wheelchair accessible.
Always confirm open hours or make an appointment:
- NOTE: Open to the public ONLY from April to mid-December.
- (513) 897-1607 • www.friendshomemuseum.org/plan-a-visit