(headquarters for the Harveysburg Community Historical Society)
Established in 1831, the Harveysburg Free Black School was the first free school for African-American children in Ohio. Constructed of brick, it remained in operation as a school until the early 1900s, when African-Americans were finally permitted to attend historically white schools in the community. The school now serves as the Harveysburg Community Historical Society’s headquarters.
Open for certain festivals only. Otherwise please call for an appointment: (513) 897-6195 • facebook.com/HarveysburgCommunityHistoricalSociety/